Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a canadian iTunes account but I've recently moved to…

Customer Question
I have a canadian...

I have a canadian iTunes account but I've recently moved to Australia. I was wondering if there is a way to create a new iTunes account and not lose all my pre-existing stuff on my phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Latest on iPhone X. Not sure which number it is

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

Not that long ago And it's iOS 11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just need to access an app that's not available in the Canadian Store so before I create a new iTunes account and log off my existing one to log into that one I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose any of my music, books and apps that are already installed on my phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are trying create a new apple ID for Australian account. You wont lose your music, books and apps which is purchased in Canadian stores. Even if you lose you can restore the music and apps by logging in to the Canadian apple ID. May I know whether you need to create a Australian Apple ID without any credit/debit card or with credit/debit card?

I recently moved out here and among other things I got a new phone that came with a years subscription to Foxtel which is like cable tv. It can only be accessed from an app and the app isn't available in the canadian iTunes store.So if I create an australian iTunes account and log out of my canadian one on my phone and into the australian one everything on my phone will still be there?

Yes, you are right.

The apps and music will there in you iPhone even if you change any other different country. It worked with my iPhone and I have 2 different Apple ID for 2 countries and I use to change the store because some app won't be in some store, so I use to switch the stores by logging with the different Apple ID and my app remains in the iPhone. You can trust me in that and it work for me.