Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad security and settings are out of sorts! I was sent a…

Customer Question
My iPad security and...

My iPad security and settings are out of sorts! I was sent a verification code during the night and no idea why. I have been getting a message constantly for months saying "Apple Verification" enter password ********@******.***. In my settings there is only my old e-mail address and I can't change it because it says my password ***** ***** Sorry! Getting bit beyond me.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Well I think I tried to about a month ago and was sent 2 verification codes but not sure if I ever did succeed.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I get really nervous trying to change anything as I think I'll stuff it up!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Sounds like you need to reset your apple id password ***** I can remote assist into your computer and help you step by step if you would like. If not let me know and I can send you the instructions on how to do this.

could also be that we need to turn off 2-factor authentication within your apple id account as well.

I'm not sure I feel comfortable with letting anyone access my iPad, I'm feeling really nervous at present I see I've signed up to $42 a month! I thought I was dealing with apple support that I have tech support included when I bought iPad. I know this isn't your problem- as usual I'm digging myself into a hole!!! However would be glad of instructions.

No problem. I understand. I will provide you instructions one moment.

1. First, I would reset your apple id password ***** do this,please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.
  2. Once that is reset, I would go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in with your apple id and new password
  3. Then, look for the "Security" section and click the edit button
  4. You will need to turn off "Two-Factor Authentication" See pic

Then see if you have problems on your iPad. ON your iPad you may need to sign in with your new password. If it asks for your apple id and password, remember to use the new password ***** created.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jon can you please tell me if this was a one off fee or is there an ongoing monthly fee involved?

It should only be a one time fee but I do not have access to the accounts as that would be our customer service Department, and they can tell you any details you would need to know. You do not have to get transferred or move from this ticket as I will provide you the information to contact them below.

Customer service

You can email or chat from here : http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

I hope I have helped with your issue even though I can't see your account details.