Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have the default set for Google and it goes to byway.com…

Customer Question
I have the default...

I have the default set for Google and it goes to byway.com instead. I try to get into my online banking and I get caught in a loop. I give my user ID and password, over and over again. I have taken my computer to the bank and they had it set on Google. I could access my account temporarily for a week or more and now I have run into the same problem.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

Yes, I took my computer to the bank and one of their Reps. ran into the same problem, but did set the default to Google and I was able to access my account.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I have a Mac Pro

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had it for 7 or 8 years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm able to get to other sights on my computer. It's the bank that always gives me trouble.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Just to recap your notes, your computer's internet is causing your webpages to go to byway.com instead of the intended webpages you are trying to go to? It only does this when you are trying to access your bank's webpage?