Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A message via email tells me my e-mail is now “frozen.... is…

Customer Question
A message via email...

A message via email tells me my e-mail is now “frozen.... is this a scam? It asks for my social sec. number and I only give that to banks. Have not rec,d any emails overnight.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have a me.com address a d I get it via safari

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually on my ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

You are my first contact

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

My memory was full last week buthas been remedied

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Yes this is absolutely a scam. No one would ever ask for your social security number via email. Go ahead and delete the email and you will be fine. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.