Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Activation look. IPad mini. I had bought it in it was

Customer Question
Activation look Technician's Assistant:...

Activation look

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

IPad mini

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I had bought it in it was locked

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don’t know I pay someone $10 to get it unlocked and now is axing for the original Apple ID to sign in the original

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

This activation lock is going to need the apple id and password. There is no way around this as this is how Apple's security works. If this is your apple id and password ***** is asking for, but you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If this is not your apple id, and the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.