Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iTunes keeps freezing. Latest MacBook pro (1 month old)

Customer Question
My iTunes keeps freezing ...

My iTunes keeps freezing

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Latest MacBook pro (1 month old) and latest itunes

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I HAVE FORCED QUIT then opened in safe mode - didn’t work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Then i have pressed control option to open and it still freezes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Do you mind if I remote into your mac and take a look for you?

Please let me know as soon as possible. Remember there is a 100 % guarantee for a refund if you are not satisfied and if I can't fix it.

However, if you would like to try on your own here is what you need to try and do. That is to uninstall and reinstall. Here are the steps to do so:

Delete iTunes: (you will not loose your library):

• navigate to the Applications folder and find the iTunes app file (/Applications/iTunes.app)
  • Right-click (or Control-click) on iTunes and select Get Info
  • Locate and click the little padlock icon on the bottom of the window and enter your admin password ***** the mac. This is necessary in order to make changes to the app’s permission settings.
  • Next, expand the Sharing & Permissions section of the window if it’s not already visible and change the privileges for “everyone” to Read & Write.
  • Close the Get Info window
  • drag the iTunes application file to the Trash
  • Empty the Trash

After you have itunes uninstalled, try the following:

Then go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ to download itunes

Follow the onscreen instructions.

Test to see if this itunes freezes or not.

Let me know what happens or if you want me to do this for you by remoting into your mac.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.