Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have teamed existing Mac OSX Version 10.7.5 with MacOS

Customer Question
Have teamed existing Mac...

Have teamed existing Mac OSX Version 10.7.5 with MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6 and having trouble adapting to new machine filing system.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Apple device (e.g. MacBook, iMac, iPhone, iPad, etc.)?

Would like a basic description of how it's filing system is meant to operate please, as things I think I've saved have got lost - and I can't always attach documents to emails. Have never had any such difficulty adapting to and learning to maintain a filing system with the old MacOS Version 10.7.5. Nor the Microsoft systems I used from 1982 to around 2011. Thanks if you can help post me on the right direction.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Beryl

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not unless you didn't get what I just sent

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

not necessary

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

Well, as far as the standard "file system" by default most things go into your user folder or your "home folder". Inside this home folder you will have a documents, downloads, pictures, movies folder, etc. This is the default typical place to find things. But everyone has there own file saving system as some save to the desktop quite a lot but it can be messy. ..

To get to this folder you would open the Macintosh HD if you have it showing on the desktop and then choose users and then choose whatever your username is ***** ***** mac.

You can also do this from the desktop and go to "go" at teh top of the screen, then choose "computer". Then from here you can do the same thing and choose Macintosh HD/Users/Username (shows a little house icon)

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.