Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone does not ring when calls come in. what can i do to…

Customer Question
My phone does not...

My phone does not ring when calls come in. what can i do to change that?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Nearly 3 years old. it is 6plus. it was working last week

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I checked the control to make sure "do not disturb" is not turned on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want my phone to ring. I missed calls from my daughter twice today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Make sure the silent switch of your iPhone is not turned on. It is on the left side, above the volume buttons. If it is showing red, then switch it back. Red on it means it is muted. Then check if it is ringing now.

If that didn't work, then we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. Only do this reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of iPhone. Then see if it ringing.

If that didn't work, then it must be some settings. So we can reset the settings. Go to Settings> General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset ringtone settings, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. You will have to connect to your Wi-Fi after resetting all settings.

Call from another phone and check if it is ringing now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.