Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Seems to need a startup disc that I do not have. Not sure.

Customer Question
Seems to need a...

Seems to need a startup disc that I do not have.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Not sure. It's an older IMac that will not boot up. Is there a way to identify model and OS without starting it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iMac? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased machine around 2009. Haven't done much trouble shooting yet since disc thing caught me cold.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. iMac early 2009 models have Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard. Was this computer in question came with OS pre installed and you do not have the disk or you just lost the disk?

Regards
Jins