Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have office mac on my old computer and I purchased a new…

Customer Question
I have office mac...

I have office mac on my old computer and I purchased a new computer and now I need a key. I still have my old computer and I can give you the serial number

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Mac OS high Sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

10.13-1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I purchased it 2 days ago They transferred my info from my old mac but said I needed the product key number and then suggested I contact you for a new one since I still have my old computer and it is registered to that I can give you my serial number if needed

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I can always remote in if you do not feel like you feel comfortable trying the steps below. You did not specify the office for mac version you were using so if you do not see that these steps work, please let me know your version like 2011, 2013, 2016, etc. However, they may be similar. You can try if you would like here are the steps:

On your old computer with the old office for mac installed:

1. Click any blank spot on the desktop and make sure your Mac states “Finder” in the top left corner of your screen.

2. On the Go menu, click Computer
Double-click your hard disk icon. The default name will be Macintosh HD
Open Library, and then open LaunchDaemons.
Drag com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist to an external hard disk or USB key

3. On the Go menu, click Computer.
Open Library, and then open PrivilegedHelperTools.
Drag com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper to an external hard disk or USB key

4. On the Go menu, click Computer
Open Library, and then open Preferences
Drag com.microsoft.office.licensing.plist to an external hard disk or USB key

Then once that is done do this on the new mac:

2. On the Go menu, click Computer
Open Library, and then open LaunchDaemons
Drag com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist from an external hard disk or USB key. If the file exists, replace it.

3. On the Go menu, click Computer
Open Library, and then open PrivilegedHelperTools
Drag com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper from an external hard disk or USB key. If the file exists, replace it.

4. On the Go menu, click Computer
Open Library, and then open Preferences
Drag com.microsoft.office.licensing.plist from an external hard disk or USB key. If the file exists, replace it.

You are done.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.