Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I dropped my Mac Book Pro....now the touch pad will not

Customer Question
I dropped my Mac...

I dropped my Mac Book Pro....now the touch pad will not respond to pressing though swiping seems OK.....now wnat to do??

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Macbook?

Can't remember and cant open it up

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was purchased by our company Stomper Co Inc with others about two years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Should i find out about the iOS ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

1. 1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer.
  3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
    If you have a 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
  4. Release all keys.
  5. Reconnect the power adapter.
  6. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac, immediately press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts at least twice. Release the keys.