Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I import a goggle photo album into my iPhotos? Im on…

Customer Question
How do I import...

How do I import a goggle photo album into my iPhotos?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhones?

Im on my iMac

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhones? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My iMac runs OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The google album came from my sons phone, not an iPhone. The album is in my email, but I want to import the photos into my photo library in order to make a Mac Photo book.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ok, I've just got one quick clarifying question, and then I think we should be able to hone in on the answer you're looking for. Can you tell me the format that this album your son sent you is in? Google hosts a few different types of photo album, so I want to be sure we're using the right one - was it with picassa? Or maybe google drive? If you don't know, you can just paste the link here and I can sort it out.

Goggle Photo
Great - this isn't too onerous of a process, essentially, you need to download all the photos from google photo to your local computer, then import these files into iPhoto. To download all photos simply navigate to the album in google photos click 3-dots > Download all. Google provides documentation on this process at (way too much) length here: https://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/Home/Picasa-FAQ/google-photos-1/how-to/how-to-download-all-autobackupped-pictures.
Once those are all downloaded, simply drag the downloaded items into iPhoto and you should be set to go.
Give that a try and let me know how you get on. And let me know if I can elaborate on any of the above.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service and fully amswer your question – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. If finished, please take a moment to accept this answer and rate my service. Thank you for your business!
34;None of these photos can be downloaded on your computer."
I tried to drag them into iPhoto...
They are on my desktop but that is as far as I got.
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago

This is good news - getting them onto your PC was the hard part. If iPhoto isn't cooperating for dragging the photos in, there are a few other convenient ways to do it. Open iPhoto, then click on the File menu and choose "Import to Library". When the Import Photos box opens, navigate to your Desktop folder, select it and click the Import button. Let me know how you get on! And happy Thanksgiving!

Jeremy K
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast