Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone has the wrong apple ID ([email protected]). My…

Customer Question
My iphone has the...

My iphone has the wrong apple ID (*****@******.***). My correct email/apple should be***@******.***. I have been unable to find a way to get this changed with a new password *****

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased about 1 and half ago. I haven't done any troubleshooting. Is it in my settings?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just is that the right person to help with changing an apple ID?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to change the email address in the iPhone. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please go to the setting>Click iCloud>Check what is the email you can see in the iPhone?

This is what I want my apple account to have.

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

This does not work. My apple ID is still***@******.*** which is an invalid email address. When I try to correct it is tells me that***@******.*** is not a valid email. I am still unable to download an app. Help.

Are you able to access the comcast.net account? So that we can go ahead and reset the apple ID with recovery email.

when I attempt to download an app it defaults to Comcast.com account. Can I cancel that account and set up Comcast.net?

Now please open the app store in the phone and scroll down till the end. Click the comcast.com email and choose an option signout. Once the Comcast.com email is removed from the app store, you can easily login with the comcast.net email and download the app.

When I looked under settings it has icloud Comcast.net and app store Comcast.com. When I open the app store I have 5 options at the bottom: today, games, apps, updates, search. I have scrolled down to the bottom of each and do not see :the Comcast.com email so I can sign out.

If you scroll down, you will be seeing (today, games, apps, updates, search). Above the terms and condition you will be seeing comcast.com email. Check if you see that.