Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad mini 4 will not recharge.....same thing happened a…

Customer Question
My ipad mini 4...

My ipad mini 4 will not recharge.....same thing happened a week ago but it came good again. I have purchased and tried new cords and plugs but nothing is working. I noticed just before i turned it off last night that the battery was down to 15% and i did as I always do at night, leave it on to recharge. Can you help or shall I take it into an Apple service centre here? The problem is I dont know of any Apple support people here in Cairns, Australia.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Installed latest OS just two weeks ago. When this occurred last week I was told to check what might be using up the battery charge so quickly.....one of the things I did was lower the brightness.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I lpurchased it about two years ago. Aside from trying different cables and plugs I dont know what else to try.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. How do I retrieve all my files, etc.? Does the battery in these devices die? If so, how do I replace it?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds as if the rechargeable battery inside the iPod Mini has started to fail. The typical symptoms of that are failure to deliver power for as long as it should, even when recharged fully for overnight.

The battery needs replacing. You could theoretically replace it yourself. Would you like to try that? it isn't the easiest task in the world, but can be done if you have fine tools and a delicate touch, and can observe precautions while the iPod is opened.

If you want an Apple servicer in your region... I am looking up one now...

I cannot find one offhand... they are all quite far to the south or far to the west of you. I'm looking for lesser possible places nearer you, now...

This is not 'officially Apple listed', but may do!:

Talk To The Mac

*****

Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia

Open today · 8:30AM–5:30PM

+61 7 4041 6000

or

The Mobile Computerman

*****

Westcourt QLD 4870, Australia

Open today · 9AM–6PM

+61 412 584 554

or perhaps

Brilliant Technologies

147-151 Mulgrave Rd,

Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia

Open today · 8:30AM–5PM

+61 7 4052 5900

and there are perhaps others also, in your region. None are 'official Apple', but one at least will probably do fine for a basic battery-replacement task like this one.

If this answers your question in full yet, would you rate my answer and my work?

Or if you need further information and advice, just let me know by Reply To Expert and I will help and advise you further.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert