Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My computer won't shut down. It says I have to quit Safari…

Customer Question
My computer won't shut...

My computer won't shut down. It says I have to quit Safari first, but Safari won't let me quit it either. Need some suggestions please.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I am such a complete idiot about such things. My daughter bought it for me. I'll try to look it up, though I don't want to lose you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

It's called a MacBok Pro. How do I find out what operating system is being used?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had it about three years. Don't know what trouble shooting devices I can or should use. This is not excuse, but I am 82 yrs. old, and am doing my best to navigate through all of this. My children think I do well, but clearly that is not the case.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Press Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard to "force quit" Safari.

You can also "'force quit" apps from your Apple menu > Force Quit

Or by using the Activity Monitor located in HD > Applications > Utilities