Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

On a Mac Pro laptop, I began recording a book on a Quick…

Customer Question
On a Mac Pro...

On a Mac Pro laptop, I began recording a book on a Quick Time file and found that it had a time limit and stopped recording in the middle of a chapter. I am trying to record a book for a person who can not see to read. Do Garage Band files have time limits too? Any suggestions? Thanks much.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

It is a Macbook Pro 3.1 17" from around 2009 and I am on El Capitan.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I do not remember when, probably about 7 years ago but it still works perfectly with the latest OS X

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just my question about Quick Time and/or Garage Band for recording a book

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.