Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can't text. I go to phone on bottom of phone o get the

Can't text. I go...

Can't text. I go to phone on bottom of phone o get the number, go through process for texting and message is not delivered. I am a newbie on digital stuff... Am 90 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

iPhone 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have not tried to text for a couple of weeks. Have not contacted anyone from Apple or antone else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else going wrong. There is so much more I need to learn but am going slowly.

11/21/2017
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Try this on your phone:

1. From the Home screen, tap the Messages icon
  2. Tap the Compose Message icon (upper right..looks like a paper and pencil)
  3. In the "to:" field, start typing in the name of a person or start typing a phone number, your phone will help find the person
  4. Once you have the name or number of the person, enter the message by typing on the screen and then hit the send icon which is a little arrow pointing up to the right of the text message box you just typed into.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast