Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone went through the washing machine. What can I do? It…

Customer Question
My phone went through...

My phone went through the washing machine. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

It is a 6, might be a 7. don't know what operating system it is

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is about 2 months old. just now got it out of the wash. havent tried a thing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

just got it out of washing machine

Please do not turn it on.

Have you tried to turn it on yet?

but you hve not given me any advice yet for the 30. bucks I already spent.
Please do not turn it on.Have you tried to turn it on yet?
that doesn't seem fair
it has not bee turned on

Okay that's good.

You need to dry it out first, before it is turned on.

Do you know about the rice?

of course I know about rice as a means to dry the insides.
it has already been put in rice

OK how old is the iPhone?

2 months old

Can you give me the serial number from the box please?

dont have it

Can you eject the SIM try and give it to me from there?