Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had to replace my iMac with a new(er} one and have had…

I had to replace...

I had to replace my iMac with a new(er} one and have had trouble activating it through the setup assistant. I wouldn't recognize a password *****'ve used and I've tried multiple ones since, I don't seem able to contact Quark to find out what I'm doing wrong.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

10.11

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Last week. I don't know what to troubleshoot for.

11/20/2017
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Is this with your password ***** get into the computer or while using the computer?

I am not sure which password ***** want. I've used the new Apple ID password ***** reset a password ***** the quark site and now am do confused, I don't know what to use. The replacement computer is a used 2011 which runs 10.11 which is the highest OS that quark 10 will run on.

"Customer has requested a Secure Remote Assistance, but payment failed" Did you request this service?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Click this link to connect.

What now?

Click this link to connect.

I have also tried to activate quark 9, but i've concentrating on 10.

Click this link to connect.

Despite Justin efforts, my problem was not resolved and I was advised to contact Quark customer support where I ultimately got Quark 10 activated after I paid them $29.99. I question whether the $39.99, plus $36.00 are valid charges.