Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older Mac desktop (2009) I was told when I had it…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have an older Mac desktop (2009) I was told when I had it in to the Geek squad that the fan wasn't working. I didn't have it fixed at the time but I am reconsidering that now. How much does it cost to have a new fan put in the computer and approximately how long would I be without a computer?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

I have Mac OS Sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I purchased it from an individual, not a store. I had taken it into to have it cleaned up last summer and that is when they told me that the fan wasn't working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am also getting the warning from Webroot that I have a dangerous website, but it is happening when I am clicking on my usual websites and sometimes even before I click on one. Is that a warning that my computer has some other problems?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris