Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have approximately 45 songs in my ITunes library of 550+

Customer Question
songs which have an M4P...
I have approximately 45 songs in my ITunes library of 550+ songs which have an M4P (protected audio file) setting but all others have an M4A (purchased audio file) setting. All songs were purchased from ITunes. How can I convert the M4P files to M4A files?? Thank you....
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?
Customer: Dell computer with Windows 10.
JA: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have I-Tunes downloaded on my computer, I do have an Apple I-touch probably 10 years old. I went into ITunes help under manage media files, but could find nothing on how to convert these M4P files to M4A files.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that all songs were purchased in the same way from ITunes, I don't know why these 45 or so have a different file format than the other 500....
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Been nearly an hour and I have not heard from anyone, expected wait time was 8 minutes....
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Tim, Mac Enthusiast replied 22 days ago
Tim
Tim, Mac Enthusiast

Hi there, I'm Tim, SR-Systems and Network engineer, I've worked for Google, eBay, and DoD, and am ready to assist you as best as I can

Sorry to hear you are having problems, Yes itunes can be a pain when it comes to transferring, there are two ways to do so, one is using a program, some are free, some are not, i'll take a look around - The other and most easiest is to simply have itunes burn those songs onto a DVD which will put them in .WAV format, then use another program to rip the CD.

CHeck out method one listed here http://noteburner.com/drm-audio/convert-itunes-music-to-other-audio-format.html

There are others available, but you have to pay something like 30.00, with that said some of them have free trials, i'm not sure how much the trial "dumbs it down"

Mike, Mac Medic