Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have gotten several phone calls today saying that my

Customer Question
I have gotten several...

I have gotten several phone calls today saying that my ICloud account was breeched and do not use any of my Apple devices (but I am now) until I've called customer support. They have given me a number to call, but I dont like to call unless its a verified number. I only have the free ICloud and have not paid money to have anything extra. Sue

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No, I wanted to go to an offical Apple number, which I'm doing now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

My lap top is OS X El Capitan version 10.116. My Iphone is 5S

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Iphone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I upgraded this summer and have not had to troubleshoot yet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure, I dont know what it means to have ICLoud breeched or if that is a security risk.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Do not call "customer support" and if you get another

phone call, hang up immediately as this is a scam. Apple does not do business like that and never has.

This is an attempt to get your personal information money or both.

That's what I suspected. But I thought I'd contacted an Apple tech and it seems I've contacted a private company and this will cost me $30???

We are not Apple but JustAnswer.com, a technical support site. We are contacted daily by people in your situation and

tell them the same thing I've told you here. These types of scams are an epidemic.

I feel like I"ve been scammed again. I did not realize this was not official Apple

Not a problem. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not satisfied contact customer support at(###) ###-####/p>

and let them know you thought you were dealing with Apple.