Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to install a MasterCard debit to my account.

Customer Question
Hello I am trying...

Hello I am trying to install a MasterCard debit to my account

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Well not alot

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Its an Apple iPad Pro

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had it for over a year now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Does apple accept MasterCard debit cards for accounts

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Yes apple takes Mastercard. How are you trying to add this card? Through itunes or the apple website? There are several different ways you can do this.

I did not hear back from you but to save you time, here are all the ways to change your credit card info for Apple. Whatever was not working for you I hope one of these ways below does. If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None.
  5. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

On your Mac or PC

On your Mac or PC, you can edit your payment information using iTunes or on the web.

You can also edit your payment information in System Preferences on a Mac. If you have a PC, you can use iCloud for Windows.

iTunes - from mac or pc

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None.
  7. Click Done.

On the web- mac or pc

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

System Preferences - from a mac

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iCloud - for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Did you get your MasterCard working?

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast