Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’ve forgotten the password for Alice's network to connect…

Customer Question
I’ve forgotten the password...

I’ve forgotten the password ***** Alice's network to connect to wifi

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Probably a couple years ago

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I’m using my iPad and iPhone right now as I just bought a new MacBook air

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought my iPad 3 yrs. ago. Nothing other than trying different passwords

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m trying to do this to set up a connection for WiFi

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Wi-fi passwords cannot retrieved from iPhones or iPads but they can be recovered

from a Windows computer. Do you have one of those connected?

No because I haven’t set up my new computer yet

Thank you. Did you purchase you wireless router yourself or was it given to you by your internet

service provider?

I purchased a time capsule from Apple

Thank you. I'll open your question up to all the other experts. One of them may have a solution.

You'll receive an email notification when one responds.

I'm looking forward to an answer soon so I can connect to my WiFi
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, I'm Karthik and I'm happy to assist you with your question today. I'm very sorry it took so long for an Expert to get back to you, Could you please tell me whether your laptop has any Ethernet slot? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead connect the Apple router to the computer and complete the setup process and later we can retrieve the wifi password.

It does have an Ethernet slot
What should I do now

Could you please connect the computer and the router using Ethernet cable? Check what do you see in the computer screen.

It says select your Wi-Fi network
I selected English then US for keyboard layout then I skipped Wi-Fi setup. It's now looking for source to transfer information

Could you please tell me in which device you are chatting with me now?

I'm using my iPhone 7

May I know how the iPhone 7 is connect to the network, is it mobile data or apple wifi? and can you take a snap or photo of that computer screen and attach the photo in this message box.

I tried to send the picture but it wouldn't send it. I'll just go to the Apple Store tomorrow thank you for trying to help

No problem, We can try for one more time may I know how the iPhone 7 is connect to the network, is it mobile data or apple wifi?

Mobile data

Is it possible to choose any source folder in the computer for transferring the information?

Not yet. I haven't st it up yet

Let me do a research and I will post back the replies ASAP and you will get email notification.

I am really sorry, I am unable to find the setup procedure for the computer. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the computer?

My son-in-law was able to get it and fix it when he got home. Thank you

I understand, Since I am not able to see what is on the screen that is the reason I stuck in the troubleshooting. However wifi password ***** is very simple but the computer setup procedure made it complex. You can reply me when your son-in-law when he return, so with the help of him we can resolved. Thank you for your patience.