Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Activation Lock-need password to unlock but I don't know…

Customer Question
Activation Lock-need password...

Activation Lock-need password to unlock but I don't know what my password ***** How can I get a new password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Have no recollection of resetting.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Will have to check on that and call again

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My son purchased it for me...will have to get that info from hi. I don't believe I have done any troubleshooting. Would M#306LL/A be my model #?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to get back into my phone!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When you have an activation lock it wants the apple id and password ***** the account that was last signed into the phone. Therefore, If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you are done with reseting your password ***** ahead and try to sign into the phone with the new password. Make sure you are connected to wifi.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.