Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need eye-fi installation software for iMac running high

Customer Question
Need eye-fi installation software...

Need eye-fi installation software for iMac running high sierra

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Current high sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Late 2013 iMac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I upgraded mac software from sierra to new high sierra

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
Any solution to my problem?
Thanks,
BR
11/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 8 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What do you mean by install Wi-Fi software?

I have USB adapter to communicate with my camera. It is called eye-fi. I plugged it in my Mac and it opened installation software. During installation it could not finish setup since it could not communicate fully. I have the new Mac high Sierra system. I just upgraded from Sierra Mac software. Is there a newer version of eye-fi software for new high Sierra Mac operating system?

Unfortunately, there will be issues with a newer operating system not having all the compatibility yet.

Please try to connect and see if it works this time

I really don’t want to give control to anyone one. If you can contact vendor and find the answer, I would really appreciate.

You mean go back to Sierra instead of high Sierra operating system?

No, I am referring to unplugging your adapter and plugging in back in.

I will try it.

Thank you

I tried again. The software almost installs. Only in the end it is testing connections to complete installation. It passed listening and incoming connections. However, it failed outgoing connections. So no install!
Is there a way to set the network to accept outgoing connection for this software?

It is likely that it is currently not setup to support the new macOS yet.

Maybe. Thank you for your support.

You're welcome