Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am working with old ipad - not sure HOW old - haven't used…

Customer Question
I am working with...

I am working with old ipad - not sure HOW old - haven't used in some time - AND no longer remember PASSCODE to open - -

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Seriously don't remember 2010? I cannot open for any info

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.
All you would need to do is put the phone into recovery mode and then connect it to a computer and do a restore. Here is how.
1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Most important step is this one which is recovery mode.
5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.