Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Our apple large display ended up not being useable, so we…

Customer Question
Our apple large display...

Our apple large display ended up not being useable, so we have purchased a LG display. The problem seems to be that the LG display takes 5 seconds to start up and that is 4 seconds longer than we need in our situation. I cannot seem to find anywhere where one might be able to adjust the length of time before the monitor goes to sleep. Say we wished to to work from morning to mid evening. Any chance you might be aware of how we could do this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

At this point it is not my machine and not on my site. It was purchased last fall and the LG screen was connected last week. Therefore no troubleshooting done presently as that is not what this user does.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since it was installed last week. Most people could wait the 5 seconds, but for us we need the screen to come back quicker once it has gone to sleep. I figure there is just something we have to tweak somewhere...was hoping this might have been brought forward by someone else and already an answer out there.
Sorry no it is not my machine it is a coworker and therefore it is not possible to connect. I am just trying to solve the problem for her and figure it would be an easy quick fix. If not we will contact our computer technician in our city.
I am just wondering are we still in contact? Or does one have to agree to "Secure Remote Assistance?" to get help? This is the first time I have tried using this service.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Kirs, My answer above states "Sorry no it is not my machine it is a coworker and therefore it is not possible to connect. I am just trying to solve the problem for her and figure it would be an easy quick fix. If not we will contact our computer technician in our city." Which means I am not presently on the same site as the one where the screen is giving problems. Therefore it would not work to connect to my computer to trouble shoot and therefore I do not wish the install the software. Please consider this the conclusion of our discussion. I am sorry but obviously this method of trying to get an answer is not going to work for my question. Thank You. And sorry, obviously your company does not work in the manner required.
Beccy
Therefore I will now sign off from our session.
Beccy

Can you tell me the OS and I will tell you how to change the stand-by setting.. :)