Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

About to throw it across the yard. RCT630W87DKM. Haven't…

Customer Question
About to throw it...

About to throw it across the yard

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

RCT630W87DKM

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Haven't tried anything,,just don't want to come on more than half the time ,when it does come on ,after 30 mins or so ,,it goes Blank again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

We bought the 2 yr extended warrantie with it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Is this a mac computer or Apple iPad or iPhone? Please let me know so I can guide you in the right direction. Thanks
It's a IPad

First try this and then test it out:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work, you will need to try and restore the ipad back to factory settings to reinstall the iOS, that's if it stays on long enough for you to do these steps. If you have not done a backup before, you can backup to icloud or itunes on your computer and then do a restore. However, do to the issue of your ipad not staying on or working properly it sounds like you should back up to itunes on your computer and then do a restore. Here is how

How to back up in itunes:

1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
  2. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
  3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. If your device doesn't appear in iTunes, learn what to do.
  4. If you want to save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch, you need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and create a memorable password. If you don't need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn't encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.

Here is how to backup

5. When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes. Just look under Latest Backup to find the date and time.

Then to restore do the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

I know it seems like a lot of steps but take your time and go slow. If you need me to, I can always remote into your computer and do this along with you. Just let me know.

Sorry the backup steps duplicated. Please disregard the first 4 steps of the first portion of backup steps as steps 1-5 need to be done for backing up.

Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience .