Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A previous Apple ID used on this iPad keeps popping up

Customer Question
A previous Apple ID...

A previous Apple ID used on this iPad keeps popping up asking me the password ***** I don't know, was given this iPad and need to change

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

No clue not tech

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was given this I pad a couple years ago I don't troubleshoot nor even know how to fix or change most things just use

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to get rid of previous Apple id

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad to a like-new state, as this is the only way to get back into the phone if you don't know the password/PIN. This process will reset your device, and it will act as if it was turned on for the first time when completed. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

1. Make sure you have iTunes downloaded on your computer. If you don't, get it here.
  2. Plug the device into the computer
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option come up on your computer, choose to restore.
  5. Give it about 10-15 minutes and it will be done, and restart the phone.
This is not a phone it is an older iPad
I have no other computer

Yes, the instructions are for an iPad, not a phone.

The only way to reset it, is by using iTunes on a computer, and connecting it. If you know someone who has a computer, you can use theirs, it only tales about 10 minutes to complete.

I have no one to ask to use their computer

Do you live near a Mall?

You can bring it into the Apple store in the mall, and it can be reset in there.

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric