Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I turn on my Mac and all I get is a disassembled apple logo…

Customer Question
Hi, I turn on...

Hi, I turn on my Mac and all I get is a disassembled apple logo spread out actross the pagecan you help?. I also see the popwerup bar partly loading then freezing.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

It is a Mac book Pro running 10.1

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased last March but is for business so in constant use. I haven't tried any troubleshooting as yet. You are my first port of call!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Shut down your Mac.
Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Tell me if it then starts please

Please let me know

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tried what you said and unfortunately it didn't help
Unfortunately I cannot afford remote connection service

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

hi Richard. can't see any new instructions from you- only the original ones that didn't work. please resend. thanks

Shut down your Mac.
Turn on your Mac.
Release the keys.

Tell me if it then starts please

Hi Richard, I think you missed my original reply. I tried that and it didn't work. Or rather, I got to the point where you hear the startup sound for the second time, but it didn't fix the problem. The start up screen remained disassembled and the start up bar was frozen a third of the way along. jeremy

Sorry it seems I did.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.