Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After I thought I was installing a regular update, it never…

Customer Question
After I thought I...

After I thought I was installing a regular update, it never stopped installing, but had messages about how many minutes remained, eg, 43,40,39 over several hours so I shut down the computer. When it starts it goes in a circle with the sign in but never really starts.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I️ believe it was purchased in 2013

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes every few days

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Why can’t this let me type I️?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m 71 and use my children (in their 30’s) for trouble shooting. They said contact Apple

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

What city and state do you live in?

Washington DC

There is a significant chance that you have a failed Hard Drive based on the symptoms

I am going to get you the phone number and address of the local Apple store nearest you...for you to bring it to them tomorrow when they are open

Thanks

If you appreciate the help today...please rate me 5 stars at the top of the page!!!

Have a great day!!!

How goes it?