Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple TV is not permitting me to enter my password to sign…

Customer Question
Apple TV is not...

Apple TV is not permitting me to enter my password ***** sign on for movie rental. This has been an on-going problem that I resolved by not renting any films for a few months. Now I need to resolve it with your help. I log in with my Apple ID, submit, and enter my password. I submit. I then I log in with password ***** google verification 6 digit number. At that point in the process I receive a message that tells me something or other is incorrect. I have redone this numerous times, slowly and carefully, and yet I cannot get beyond this barrier. Please help. Thank you. Jeanne Cronin

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?

My current Apple ID/password ***** reset ... maybe end of this summer...? In recent memory, at least. And it is working on my lap top connection?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Well, the whole house of cards collapsed with Apple's operating system upgrade, downgrade, whatever

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am 75 years old. By troubleshooting (?) - curious expression, that - I have unplugged and re-plugged my Apple TV device about 2,000,000 times over the past two months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don;t know what you might need to know..? What information are you looking for? I have an iPhone SE, recently purchased when my iPhone 6S went missing on a train trip in France. I have a Mac laptop with the current upgrade, High Sierra, downloaded. and a faithful, until now, Apple TV device.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in. Let me know the result.