Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have 2 iPads. typing on the one that is working for now.

I have 2 iPads...

I have 2 iPads. Ian typing on the one that is working for now. The othe won't let me in because the pass word I wrote no longer works since the iPad updated.i record all my pass words in a notebook but since up dating the non working iPad won't recognize my pass word

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what is your notebook's exact make and model?

My note book is a paper one. The iPad is a32GB

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I plugged the iPad in over night and ib

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Excuse the typing. As I was saying in the morning the iPad "said" update complete. I tri ed to use it and after entering the numeric passcode I was asked to enter the Apple ID and Password ***** unlock the activation lock....the information I have entered in my paper notebook was not acceptable to the "updated"version of my ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

HELP!!!!

I made the mistake of putting a find my phone on my iPhone and I think that is what is screwing the whole thing up
I would love for you to fix my problem iPad but I am afraid my working iPad my become hi- tech trash as well . Can you fix the unusable one without affecting the othe?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2017
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Are you able to sign in to appleid.apple.com?

I cannot get past the "activation lock". Page since the new and improved update doesn't recognize my Apple ID password ***** I have been using since I purchase the ipad.
I am afraid if you remotely connect you may mess with the working iPad which I am now using to contact you.

In order to do so you are going to need to verify you can access appleid.appe.com

You should be able to do that from the device you are messaging me on. Let me know the result.

I can access the applied.appe.com on this ipad
The other iPad has the AppleID ***@******.***

Which account do you want to be on all the devices?

I can and just did so what now?
Are you still there ? Can Apple repair the apparent mess the new update has caused or have I just spent more money on high hopes and nothing more

I am still here. This is not Apple. Do you know that?

There are two iPads . One is mine (the one I am using) and the locked one which my husband uses mostly for games.. his is***@******.*** ........mine is [email protected] iCloud.com
That is the names we used to be able to use the apps store

Do you know the apple id and password ***** the locked device?

The Apple ID is***@******.***. Password ***** was set up with is Ant2smrt! But that is no longer usable since the “update”

Then it is likely it will need to be reset at iforgot.apple.com

Okay but how do I reset if the iPad in question won't operate pass the verification lock display?

You do this on another computer.

How??????

Go to iforgot.apple.com and reset it on another computer. Like that.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Thank you for your time. I too am sorry you could not help. I will keep looking for assistance elsewhere
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius