Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

No problems, just want to know the best way to share a photo…

Customer Question
No problems, just want...

No problems, just want to know the best way to share a photo album I have to another apple IOS Photos. I have a lot of photos that I've put in an album and want to send it to my friend. Neither of us is very adept with computer technology, so I need the simplest way that anyone could figure out and use. Thank you!!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I have a Macbook Pro, 15 inch with MacOS High Sierra, 10.13.1. Not sure about my friend. She has a desktop Mac. Do I need to find that out first?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, I installed the High Sierra a few days ago. I had the Sierra and just had the update added.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not sure what you mean? I haven't tried to send the photo album because I don't know which way to do it, that's the simplest to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just the simplest and easiest way to send a photo album. I can't figure it out by reading about it online. If it involves knowing what IOS my friend has, I will have to ask her and contact apple support again.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Fortunately, Apple has a great solution for sharing your photos with friends and family. It's called iCloud Photo sharing. Please give me just a moment to type up instructions.

Will you be using an ipad, an iphone, or a computer to share your photos?

Please take a look at the detailed information available by clicking on the link below:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786

This should help you to set up a shared folder that your friend can also access. Please let me know if you run into any problems, or have any questions. I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved. Thank you!