Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an external cd drive for my mackbook pro and I cant…

Customer Question
I have an external...

I have an external cd drive for my mackbook pro and I cant get it to eject the cd or eject from the computer

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Some... not very tech savy

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried some tutorials on the web... it worked before but yesterday I burned a cd and then I cant find a way to eject the cd now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure it was installed right to begin with

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Have you tried pressing the eject key, does it make any noise?

Sometimes works if you try rebooting while holding down the left click on a mouse, or click on the trackpad, it does eject at startup.

Have you looked for a pinhole, those are for paper clips to physically unlock the lock to eject the disc.

None of this advice helped or was even relevant. I have no eject key nor is there a pinhole in the CD player Please do not bill me for this advice.

I haven't been paid, and you haven't been billed for the advice. You just pay when you have indicated you are happy using the star rating, not before then.

Nearly all external disk drives have this mechanism, I'm surprised that one doesn't. What make and model is it so I can research it a bit more.

Does the disc that's in the external drive appear in Finder on the Mac? If so there is an eject symbol beside it, or alternatively you can drag the icon of the disc to the Trash and it becomes an eject symbol.

Let me know any more info that could be helpful.

Yours sincerely,

David.