Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is on activation lock and I forget the password and…

Customer Question
My ipad is on...

My ipad is on activation lock and I forget the password ***** apple id

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Apple?

It's a 4 generation Ipad on my Mac is a sierra10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I purchased the ipad about 3 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

In case it matters, I did just update my Sierra OS on my mac to the latest version but I was on a lower Sierra already. I just changed my applei password *****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, First try to recover your Apple ID by using the following link : https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid once you have your Apple ID please use the link below to reset the password :

https://iforgot.apple.com/

Let me know the results

Thank you

doing that now

OK, hope it works out

Thank you

I just reset my apple password ***** 30 minutes ago
the ipad is still stuck in "activation lock" which says to used the Apple ID & password ***** were used to set up this iPad.

Please try to restore your iPad device, Important : This will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that.

Here are the steps to restore the iPad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

Let me know the results,

Thank you

if I already have itunes on my mac, do i still have to download itunes?

No, you don't have to redownload and install it, but please make sure you have the latest version

Thank you

Do I then complete the installation first. And the connect the ipad. OR have the ipad connected while doing the installation?
please do the installation first then connect your ipad
Thank you

Has everything worked out please?