Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone 6 plus was fine last night. Ten minutes later it…

Customer Question
My iphone 6 plus...

My iphone 6 plus was fine last night. Ten minutes later it has the activation lock on. I am traveling and do not know my apple ID password ***** it is written down at home. I will be there later tonight but need the phone now.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iphone 6?

I think I am on 9 I didn't do the most recent or the previous.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iphone 6? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is about 3 years old now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I connected to my gmail on my husband's phone. It doesn't appear to have been connected to by an unknown device. I was hoping to find my password ***** my email but I didn't locate it in my email

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue. please try reseting your Apple password, please click on the link below:

https://iforgot.apple.com/ enter your email address, then click on Continue at the bottom, and follow the onscreen instructions in order to reset your Apple password.

Let me know the results
Thank you

It worked but I don't know why I had to pay to do that. Why would my phone suddenly want to be re-activated?Do you know what caused this in the first place?
No I do not need you to connect to my phone.
Do you know why it wanted me to re-activate suddenly?
Should I update to the new iOS 11?
Any ideas?

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved, You are referring to the automated offer from our system. There is no way to remote into your phone, I am sorry for any confusion.

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services.

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, Positive rating are appreciated, If you are not satisfied for any reasosns please do not rate my answer, you can request a refund by clicking here

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you