Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

A .dmg cannot be deleted from a mac air. The app inside is…

A .dmg cannot be...

A .dmg cannot be deleted from a mac air. The app inside is Apple Support Screen Sharing.app and the trash would not delete it because says it is running. What is it and why can we not delete it...can't run programs because it says our connections is not secure.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

I am not typing from my husband's MacBook Air because we can't get out...I am on my iMac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Air is a model 1369...he did install Malware Bytes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

He was stuck so I tried emptying the trash. Could not empty the file

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Apple-scc-w0yc30gz1ezx1116ejh7jey6i6x57y....

11/19/2017
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

You cannot delete a DMG file if you are using the app out of it. Close the app and you can delete the DMG file.

I know you cannot delete a running...but what is it why is it running. Cannot find it as a running app. We did not try to load an AppleSupportScreenSharing.app ... .dmg name is ***** ***** It does not show up in running programs. I tried pulling it out of the trash but it still says it is running and cannot be deleted. What is it? cmd q only puts it back into the trash but does not stop it. The computer is unable to connect to the server.
You cannot connect because it won't talk to the server.

Log out of your account with COMMAND + SHIFT + Q and then log back in.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Thank you Justin. I should have tried logging out but wanted to find out what that program was and why it was there. I do not want to join this service at this time.
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius