Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My apple phone 5 turned off and will not come back on. Ios i…

Customer Question
My apple phone 5...

My apple phone 5 turned off and will not come back on.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Ios i guess it is an apple 5 series phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Recharging and holding down the top and bottom buttons to turn it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It is not a mac - it is a cell phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 8 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your iPad and while it is plugged in....

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPhone until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPhone will restart.

Does the phone restart and power on?

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

That is not working - have tried it many times. May be a system update that my phone will not handle.
Is it plugged into a wall outlet or computer?Have you tried a different outlet?Have you tried a different charging cable?