Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I enter my password and then it returns to the login screen…

Customer Question
I enter my password...

I enter my password ***** then it returns to the login screen and the mouse won't move. I've had to shut down from the on button x2 and still no luck. One time it went to a screen with the Apple icon and made a beeping sound (like a security alarm).

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

Not yet, I did try to sign on with my Apple ID and that's when the screen that beeped at me came. I'll try that next...

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Mac desktop; I just installed Sierra.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Bought it in 2015. I've just been turning it off and starting again. Now I did the Apple ID again and I have the blank screen with the apple icon. There is no option to have a link emailed to me...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

That's it.

Does the place you are entering your password ***** like the normal place you would enter your password ***** different?

Same.
Do you have some ideas???

Are you sure your password ***** ***** If you are sure we may need to reset it.

I'm sure it's correct. I tried signing in the the alternate ways: with Apple ID and retrieval key (which I don't recall).

Can you verify your Apple ID and password ***** appleid.apple.com?

I'll do that...

Let me know the result.

It worked; I'm in! Thanks!

Cheers

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service.