Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to block an email sender from my ipad. I have moved…

Customer Question
I want to block...

I want to block an email sender from my ipad. I have moved it to spam (junk) but I continue getting emails from an unwanted sender

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I am not sure I know.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 years ago. I took it to a Geek Squad member today and he thought he had fixed the problem and blocked the email sender but withing an hour, I received another email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Other than how to block an unwanted email

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Who is your email provider?

Hotmail.com

Ok. This can be achieved through hotmail.com

Let me grab the guide for it.

Alright. Thanks

1. Launch the Web browser on your computer and navigate to Hotmail (see link in Resources).

2. Log in to your Hotmail account using your Windows Live ID and password. The default page is the account overview.

3. Click "Hotmail (X)," where "X" is the number of unread emails in your Hotmail account, at the top of the overview page to go to the Hotmail Inbox.

4. Click "Options" in the top right corner of the page and then select "More Options" from the resulting menu to view your account settings.

5. Click "Safe and Blocked Senders" in the Prevent Junk E-mail section of the settings page to open the Safe and Blocked senders page.

6. Click "Blocked Senders" to start blocking a contact.

7. Type the email address of the contact you want to block in the box next to Blocked E-mail Address or Domain.

8. Click "Add to List" to block the contact. You will never receive any emails from that contact until you remove it from the list of blocked senders.