Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have iPhone SE. Started yesterday that I can not get my…

Customer Question
I have iPhone SE...

I have iPhone SE. Started yesterday that I can not get my VOICEMAIL. I ask 'Siri' and it responds 'no messages'. Yet the icon shows 1 message. I tried pressing icon 'voicemail' expecting the usual response talking & printing message. Now it requires "mailbox' number " or password. I put in my password ***** it tells me invalid and after 3 tries it tells me operator not available, call-back later. Why Siri tells me nothing in my voicemail yet icon shows 1 message, then gives me a hassle asking for password. NEVER did that before yesterday. My software is up-to-date iOS 11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

7/16. Used Siri to look-up voicemail & was told 'no messages'. then called voicemail and asked the give password, which it rejected 3 times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Why am I now being asked password ***** not able to get message. worked perfectly from new until yesterday?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Have you reached out to your carrier to reset your voicemail password?

I went into 'settings', then to 'phone' then to "CHANGE VOICEMAIL PASSWORD". it gave me a phone numeric keyboard. it typed in 8 digits and was asked to re-enter password ***** which I did, then it said password ***** updated.

Are you able to access your voicemails now?

No. Still keeps telling me password *****

You will need to call your provider and they can reset the password. Once they do you will do the same steps again. It happened to me the first time I switched carriers with my iPhone.

I have ATT. So maybe go to local store tomorrow? Store i bought this iPhone is 15 minutes away

They can do it over the phone if you prefer not to go into the store. I believe if you dial 611 you can get ahold of customer support.

Ok....hope 611 ATT will work. What is your charge for this chat?

It is the fee you chose in the beginning. Please take the time to rate my service with the stars.

fee was $5 to ask question & $25 more upon solution. So far I have no solution.

I did give you the solution. You need to have your password ***** by your carrier. Do you not agree? Did you have that information before?

The fee is $30. We take $5 as a good faith payment and the ability to check you account for the other $25 to make sure you are good for it. This is common practice by any organization.

If I had access to AT&T's network I would do it for you, but I don't. So you have everything you need. Good day.