Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased a new iPhone 8plus on November 8th at an Apple…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new iPhone 8plus on November 8th at an Apple Store. Everything transferred from my iPhone 6s except my email account. Had Apple tech try, no luck. Then to AT&T store, 2 techs there could not restore, tried multiple ways & times on my new phone, no luck. Had friend who is very tech savvy try, no luck either?? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you. Nina

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

My carrier is AT&T. Is that what you meant?

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I ONLY have my iPhone 8 Plus , no other devices

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

You name it- all of them. 1 tech at Apple. Sent recovery code to husbands phone - entered code on my phone- did not work. 2 techs at AT&T, same thing- no luck. Tried at least 10 times from my phone, again no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all, I ONLY have my iPhone and cannot get my Gmail to come onto my phone. Thank you for your help and rapid response! Enjoy your day☀️

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
11/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Can you just not add the email account again?

Correct. Everything else transferred from SIM card of my iPhone 6 to my iPhone 8 Plus , EXCEPT my gmail account. Have tried Apple tech where bought phone, then to AT&T, my carrier, where 2 techs could not download it to my new phone , then had tech savvy friend try , again no luck and I have tried about a dozen times to add to my new iPhone 8 Plus, but no luck!! Tried to find phone number for google- no luck there either. Very frustrated. When purchased my iPhone 6 - all transferred- no problem! Am totally confused???!! Thank you for trying to help me! Nina��

Your SIM card does not have your email on it. Do you know your email address and password?

My email address is:***@******.***
And I’m pretty sure password *****:
Baby13Saby
It keeps telling me to pay, but I have paid $42.00 through my PayPal earlier today.
Not in any hurry, just totally frustrated and confused as to why my gmail did not go to new phone?? I ONLY have IPhone 8 Plus, no other devices. Transferred fine from previous phone to iPhone 6s??!!!

Your password ***** ***** Reset the password ***** then you should be able to get in on your phone. The SIM card has never transferred that sort of data. You have to sign in to the account, but you don’t know your password. We have to know the password ***** order to set it up on your phone.2

Sorry so long to respond to you, but in middle of charity project and trying to fix phone inbetween. What password ***** I need to change? And how do I do that? Thank you ever so much! Nina��

Your gmail password.

Would my gmail password ***** same as my Apple ID password?? I just managed to figure out how to change that. It is now: Bella13Bailey
Each time I go into mail and go thru the process, which I have done about, honestly 30 times, Gmail won’t download. Sends code to my husband’s email and when I enter the numeric code, says cannot verify that, I assume, meaning my gmail account. Making me crazy!
My gmail password, pretty sure was Baby13Saby, but keeps saying wrong password ***** there is no where to change it, or at least I cannot find a place to???

Possibly, but only if you set them that way.

What? I do not understand.

Your passwords may be the same, but they are not linked.

I’n Trying Justin, but keep getting cannot verify my account and wrong password. Still going through each section to try to find place to reset password....
Still trying. Found page where you enter your name, ruthenium blank spot and underneath says I prefer to use my current gmail, each time I fill in says someone already has this address??!! It is me! Going to keep trying ...

Did you click the link?

38; it brings up several sections, when I go to the change your password, it tells me to sign in and once I do that I’m back to where I’ve been 30 times, enter my password, says wrong password, go on to next and answer my favorite pet, then wants date I began my email and I do not know that, hit next and then says cannot verify!!! If I delete my gmail and set up again, will I lose alll my past emails?? Still trying...,
Okay, just tried every option, still will not let me change password, keeps saying cannot verify this belongs to you??
Should I just delete my gmail and try to set up again with same address? Do you think that will work?? Not so worried about losing past emails, just would like same email address since so many other sites linked to it??

This is the exact place to recover your account. This link.

Okay, trying it now. Thank you Justin�� Keep your fingers crossed !!
Okay, was same place I’ve been 30+ times. Last thing was to enter email address where google would send a 6 digit code. Sent to husband’s email, entered code and said yet again, “cannot verify this account belongs to you”!! Any other suggestions???

That is they only way you are going to be able to get into that account. This is the solution.

Then why is it not working?? Have now tried over 40 times!!!

I undestand your frustration, but it is the way that you are able to reset the password ***** google. Unless you don't want access to that account again.

I do. Just did something, not sure what, but mail page came up, said checking for mail on inbox. Wheel kept spinning. Then at bottom of page said Error, tapped that and said having trouble receiving mail from server, go to mail settings and make sure entered correctly? Going to try that next...
Now saying cannot connect to server for mail, at least got something�� As soon as I have time, will go to Apple store to see if they can fix

Ok.

Will keep you posted Justin! But probably not for a day or two, very busy with school charity. Enjoy your evening

You too!