Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I changed my charge card and it won't go through. I changed…

Customer Question
I changed my charge...

I changed my charge card and it won't go through

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The Apple was given to me and I have tried 5 or more times and I know the card is good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When you were trying to change your card, what device did you try this from and how. Did you try from itunes on your computer or your iphone? I am going to leave you some instructions for all devices and methods and you can try whichever you have not tried already in hopes that it will work this time with one of these methods. However, keep in mind that sometimes if changing a card requires a temporary hold. Please references this page by clicking here

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None.
  5. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

On your Mac or PC

On your Mac or PC, you can edit your payment information using iTunes or on the web.

You can also edit your payment information in System Preferences on a Mac. If you have a PC, you can use iCloud for Windows.

iTunes - from mac or pc

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None.
  7. Click Done.

On the web- mac or pc

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

System Preferences - from a mac

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iCloud - for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.