Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I now have a pin to upgrade my apple device that is 6

Customer Question
I now have a...

I now have a pin to upgrade my apple device that is 6 digits. before I think it was 4 and I used 5497 to download the new version. this 4 digit pin does not work anymore. what to do???

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Ipphone 7 128 GB

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone 7? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I changed my password ***** I need to reset my pin but I don't know what it is currently. can you fix it where I can change my pin??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. except I have been getting some strange emails from apple saying my account has been supspended because of some unauthorized user. can you check to see if my account has been compromised???

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your iPhone asking for the Passcode? Please try the following fix:

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone 7 to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. Turn off the iPhone by holding down the Power button on the right side, and then swipe on the screen, and wait until the iPhone is completely turned off with a black screen.
  4. Next, press and hold the Power button on the right side of the iPhone for 3 seconds.
  5. While still holding the Power button, now, also press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone.
  6. Continue holding both the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
  7. Then release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
  8. In the iTunes program on the computer, click on option Restore... and confirm / continue once it has detected the iPhone.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

https://youtu.be/qCIM6YdcyRE?t=44

- Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

What's the make / model of your computer, if you have one?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.