Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple Pay stopped working, I shut down the phone and now…

My Apple Pay stopped...

My Apple Pay stopped working, I shut down the phone and now I can’t turn on again

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Afraid you would ask that; how do I get that info.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I’ve had it about a year..... did do much trouble shooting. Thought if I powered off, it might reset itself

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can’t think of any thing

11/18/2017
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 20 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
The Apple logo has appeared...Do I need to do anything to get Apple Pay to work. It ok and working on my iPhone but it doesn’t seem to work on my watch. It was ok and had been working but recently stopped

is your iWatch Series 2 or 3?

Series 2

okay, try this please>open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch tab, scroll down, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, tap the card, then tap Remove Card. Then readd the card.

Then do I have to call the bank again to activate it.
  1. Follow the steps to add a card. To add a new card, tap Add Credit or Debit Card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, cards on other devices, or cards that you’ve recently removed, choose them, then enter the card security codes.
  2. Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can use your card with Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
  3. After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next.
Thanks Randy

your welcome!