Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A month ago I lost my Apple IPhone in my house and it is…

Customer Question
A month ago I...

A month ago I lost my Apple IPhone in my house and it is turned off.....my son who worked for sp

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Boy,...-I think it is a 7 and got it as a gift from my son last year....he used to work for Apple and needless to say I'm on the s... list pardon my ecpression......not very good with these toys and my wife is out of town and my son is in Buffalo.....you are my last resort......help!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

HERE IS WHAT I have done.....looked just about everywhere in my house, even offered money to my 3 grand daughters in trying to locate it but to no avail and I know for sure that it is in my house and I do recall turning it off before I lost it......why I did that, Lord knoes!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

CANNOT THINK OF ANY THING ELSE I could offer......thank you!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 8 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do to locate a phone that is turned off and in your house. The location option would only show your location (house) and not the exact location inside of the house.

I really do not know what to say...with all the technology available nowadays, I AM SIMPLY DISCOURAGED....are you positively sure that there is nothing more that can be done.......Thank you nonthrless

Yes, a phone that is powered off cannot be located. There isn't a way to power it on and locate it.