Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Apple i phone 8 and the phone screen is foggy and…

Customer Question
I have an Apple...

I have an Apple i phone 8 and the phone screen is foggy and unresponsive.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

I don't recognize those words. Sorry. Where do I find this?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Today, it said it was not necessary.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a tutorial or the equivalent that I might find since I have not had the i phone very long and have numerous questions about its use.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
  2. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
  3. Then press and keep holding the Power button for about 11 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release.
  4. Then wait a bit, and see if you can use your iPhone 8 now.

- Does that do anything?

- Also, your iPhone manual is at the website below:

https://help.apple.com/iphone/11/

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this page. Please try my steps above.

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkPaI7Ecig

- For video tutorials, please click on the website below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqNWzDUrlvI

- More videos:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=iphone+8+tutorial

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,