Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I've reset my I phone and it keeps asking me for my appleID.

Customer Question
I've reset my I...

I've reset my I phone and it keeps asking me for my appleID. when I put it in it says it's wrong. It pops up with my daughter's apple ID which makes me think that it wants me to put in her password. she has an I phone as well but we separated the ITunes accounts years ago

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

How do I find this out?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

March of 2014

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you help me fix this?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
11/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok thanks

It sounds like you are unable to get in to the iPhone and it is asking for Apple username and password. Apple ID is normally an email address.

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I've reset the Apple ID password. It works. The phone still keeps asking me to sign into the ITunes store. I don't know that I have a separate ITunes account
Is this the same as the Apple ID? if it is it is not taking it

Yes, That's is correct. iTunes account and apple account are similar.

it won't accept my new apple ID Password.

Could you please tell me what is the error message you are getting when you tried to enter the new password?

it is an endless loop. Sign in to ITunes store. I put in my password. It pops back with a window that says Sign in to ITunes store and displays my daughter's e-mail address. I blank it out and replace it with my e-mail address with my password ***** around and around we go
are you still there?

Do you know what is your daughter's account password?

no

Is it okay if we can try to reset your daughter's apple ID?

I've got to go. Please respond if you have any other ideas. Otherwise just cancel the case and bill me for your time.

no. I don't want to affect her account. Then more than one thing will be messed up. I just want my phone to accept my apple ID, My iTunes account and My password.

In this case can you try to Open the App store>scroll down till the end>Tap on your daughter's apple ID>Click Sign out. Relogin with your email ID.